With the USB Redirection feature, you can use some locally attached USB devices in CloudApps. You can redirect multiple USB devices to the remote desktop. Because of the limitations of the Chrome browser, many USB devices cannot be redirected to the remote desktop. itopia has tested the following USB devices and they are known to work well.
- Arduino Development Boards
Other devices that have not been tested by itopia may also work, known incompatible devices will present an error message when trying to attach the device.
The following device classes will not work due to the limitations of the Chrome browser.
- USB Human Interface Devices (HID), mice, keyboards, joysticks.
- Audio and Video devices like Web Cameras and USB Audio Interfaces.
- USB Mass Storage Devices like thumb drives and external hard drives.
- You must use Chrome 87 or later or Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 87 or later.
- A user must enable USB redirection.
- Connect the USB device to the local system.
- Log into CloudApps, start the class and connect to the remote desktop.
- To open the sidebar, click the sidebar tab on the right-hand side of the window.
- At the top of the sidebar and click the USB Devices icon.
- Select the USB device from the list and click Connect.
- Close the side bar.
If the device is compatible, it is redirected to the remote desktop and is available for use in the session. If the device is not compatible, an error message appears or the device will not be present.
To remove the USB device from the remote session, open the side bar and click the delete icon next to the device name at the bottom of the side bar display.