Admins and teachers can quickly preview a student’s experience by clicking the Student Portal link in their Admin Dashboard.
To preview the student experience:
1. From the Admin Dashboard, click the Student Portal link.
2. Sign in, just as a student would. You’ll be dropped into the student dashboard, which will show all of the CloudApps Classroom classes that the student is enrolled in.
3. Click Start on a class to preview the startup experience.
If you’re logging into a Class that doesn’t have a prescheduled session running, the startup process may take up to two minutes. This is what students will experience if they’re launching classes that don’t have scheduled sessions, or if they need to manually restart a class due to inactivity.
4. Once launched, you’ll be able to see the student’s view of the desktop. You can expand the desktop to full screen by clicking the arrow icon → selecting fullscreen, which maximizes screen space and allows for use of keyboard and mouse shortcuts. You can also open and log in to any of the apps here to see what the process will be like.
5. Now, click the arrow on the right side of the desktop → select Return to Dashboard.
You’ll notice that now, the session you just started is Ready, and clicking Connect will open the desktop in just a few seconds. If you create scheduled sessions for students, or manually prelaunch the session before their class begins, this quick launch is what they’ll experience.