itopia CloudApps Classroom allows you to create as many schools as needed for your district. Splitting up the district into multiple schools allows you to create classes in each school as needed, then roster those classes with students who attend that specific school.
Creating individual schools also allows you to manage specific Domain Allow Lists for each school, generate usage reports for specific classes within the school, and allow teachers from that school to manage their own classes.
In this article, we’ll review:
- Creating a Domain Allow List for a school
- Adding administrators to a school
- Creating Labs usage reports
Create a Domain Allow List
You can add specific URLs or domains to your school’s Domain Allow List using the Labs Admin Console (https://labs-admin.itopia.com).
The Domain Allow List supports the following formats:
- Domains and subdomains (e.g. itopia.com and labs.itopia.com)
- Partial or full URL paths (e.g., itopia.com/itopia-labs)
- Wildcards (although this is equivalent to omitting that portion of the URL; e.g., *.itopia.com and itopia.com/*)
- Protocol enforcement (e.g., https://itopia.com)
To edit your School’s Domain Allow List:
1. Log in to the Labs Admin Console as an administrator with Editor or higher privileges for the school you’ll be editing.
2. From the district Dashboard, find the Schools tile → click the School you want to configure.
3. Locate the Configuration tile → click Edit.
4. Enter the URLs you want to allow access to.
URLs can be separated by a comma, semicolon, or by pressing [ENTER].
5. When you’re finished, click Save.
Any new Class sessions in the selected school that are started will automatically receive the new Allow Lists. Sessions that are currently running will need to be restarted.
Add School administrators
To get started, navigate to the itopia Labs Admin Portal and sign in as an existing user that has school editor admin permissions or higher.
1. From the School section of your Dashboard, locate the Admins tile → click +New.
2. Enter the primary email address and select a role for the admin account; the available roles are:
- Owner: full read/write access to all aspects of the school.
- Editor: full read/write access to the school. Editors can create additional admin accounts for the school they are assigned to.
- Viewer: Members of this role have read-only access to all aspects of the school they are assigned to. Users with this role cannot change settings, create or delete resources, or perform any actions.
3. When you’re finished, click Create.
Create labs usage reports
1. From the School tab of your Dashboard, locate the Activity Tracking tile → click Usage Report.
2. In the Classes to Include dropdown, select the class(es) you wish to generate a report for. To include all classes in the report, just click Select All.
As an Admin, you’ll have access to all of the classes created in the school.
As an Instructor, you’ll have access to the classes you are an instructor for.
3. Click Generate Report.
4. Once the report is created, you can get a detailed report in CSV format by clicking Download Full Report (CSV).