Once your itopia CloudApps District is configured and you've created at least one School, you can begin adding Classes. Classes represent the specific virtual desktops you want to assign to students and instructors; when you create a Class, you'll configure:
- Basic identifying information including a Class name and description
- The applications to publish to the desktop
- Students and instructors that have access to the desktop
You can create and remove Classes at any time, and each School supports an unlimited number of Classes.
Creating a Class
To start, sign in to the CloudApps Admin Portal (labs-admin.itopia.com). If you aren’t sure about your CloudApps Admin credentials, then check with your district’s Primary CloudApps Admin.
- From the Dashboard, make sure you have the correct School selected in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Classes tab.
- Click New Class.
- In the Create a New Class prompt, provide the settings for each section:
- Class name: This name will be visible to students and instructors in their User Portal
- Description: Provide a short description for the Class. This description will be visible to students and instructors in their User Portal.
- Desktop Image: Select an available Desktop Image for the Class. Desktop Images contain the application bundles that can be published for your users. If you don't see the Desktop Image you'd like to use, contact itopia Support to request a custom image
- Published Applications: The applications you select here will be published as desktop shortcuts for your users. Some images only have a single application that can be published, and most images have a default set of applications including Google Chrome.
- Student and Instructor Assignment: You can assign this Class to students and instructors by using a configured Roster Sync platform, or by using Direct Assignment to specify Google or Microsoft email addresses for individual students and/or instructors
- Click Publish.
The new Class will become available shortly and will appear in the list of Classes. Once the class is ready, your assigned students and instructors can launch the Class from the CloudApps User Portal (labs.itopia.com). You can also manage the class to configure additional settings such as session scheduling, which allows you to configure dates and times when students are expected to launch the Class and will reduce the amount of time necessary for a session to boot up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.