Once you've created one or more Classes in your School, you can use Session Schedules to pre-start the Class sessions. This eliminates start-up time for the students, and allows them to log in and start working immediately.
A Schedule defines the dates and times at which remote sessions should begin for particular groups of students. You can create multiple Schedules for each Class.
Instances usually require 1-2 minutes to start up and be ready for students to connect.
Set the schedule’s start time to be a few minutes after a Class begins. This gives the Class time to settle in and gives the teacher time to take attendance.
When sessions are started using a Session Schedule, they will run for 15 minutes before being automatically shut down due to inactivity.
Make sure to carefully define the Session Schedules to ensure they provide ample time for students to settle into class and be ready to launch their Lab. If student activity is not detected within 15 minutes after the session is started, the session will end.
Creating a Session Schedule
1. Log into the Labs Admin Portal and navigate to the Classes tab.
2. Create a new Class or click an existing Class.
3. In the Session Scheduler section, click +Add to create a new schedule.
4. Enter the necessary information:
- A display name for the schedule
- The days of the week for which the schedule should apply
- The start time for the schedule
- The students to include in the schedule. A session will be started for each selected student at the given time.
Start times are when sessions will be powered on. They’ll be powered off after 15 minutes if a user does not connect to their session.The start time setting uses the local timezone of the administrator that is creating the schedule, based on their local device/browser setting.
5. When you’re ready, click Add.
The new schedule will take effect immediately and will continue to run until it is deleted.
❗️ Heads up
Currently, there is no way to define holidays or other excluded days from the schedule, but we’re hoping to add this option in the future.