itopia Labs aims to provide educational institutions with the cutting-edge software they need to foster student education in the modern world. Our application catalog is always growing, and we're constantly upgrading applications to provide the latest versions and features.
The application list below is always kept up-to-date.
Current Application Catalog
The list below details the images available when creating a new Class. Click on an image name to see more information about licenses, update schedules, and other information.
To request a custom image with specific applications, see the Requesting Software section at the end of this article.
- Common applications (included with every image)
- Google Chrome (latest version) - Other web browsers (including the built-in Microsoft Edge browser) are disabled, and Chrome is configured with a minimal set of allowed URLs by default. You can optionally configure Custom URL allow lists.
- Google Drive for desktop - Students can sign in to their Google Workspace account (or may be signed in automatically if Single Sign-On Integration is configured) to access and save data to their Google Drive.
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Includes the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications, including:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Autodesk - Includes the most popular CAD/CAM tools from Autodesk:
- Inventor Pro
- Blender - A feature-rich, open-source 3D modeling application targeted mainly at creative design rather than architectural/engineering design
- Computer Science - Includes a variety of common applications and tools for modern development:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Docker (with Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Java Development Kit (JDK)
- Microsoft Office - Includes the latest release of the Office Professional Plus application suite:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft OneNote
- SolidWorks - Industry-standard architectural/engineering modeling and CAD/CAM suite
We are regularly expanding our application catalog to include the most-requested applications and educational tools. Here's what's coming out next.
- Chief Architect - Architectural and building design software
- GIMP Editor - The powerful, open-source alternative to Adobe Photoshop, GIMP for Windows is rolling out soon
Don't see the application you need? itopia Labs works with educators to deliver the most popular applications. Contact your Labs representative or itopia Support to request new applications or custom images with specific configurations.
Note that developing support for new applications is a lengthy and complex process, and not all applications are compatible with the Labs environment. itopia will research every application request we receive, but not all software is supported and new applications are prioritized based on demand.